There are several products that are good for copying a single tape. However, if
the intent is to migrate entire tape libraries from one technology to another,
then there are a couple of vendors, including my company, that license products
to automate the process. What makes us different is that it is easy enough for
one person to complete the task. Our process includes a complete audit tape of
the tapes being copied and we support RMM, CA-1 and other tape management
systems. We do all of this without intervention and with no downtime. You can
continue normal processing whilst the migration is proceeding. All appropriate
catalogs are updated when copy is complete and the proper ENQ is held while
each tape is being copied.

The process that we use also minimizes MSU use and is significantly faster than
our competitors.