I think there is a file on the CBTtape that allows you to do this, but why do
you want to keep the same VOLSERs, wouldn't it be better (and easier) to use
another VOLSER group, and copy from/to using any number of utilities?

I have converted several sites from EMC to IBM to Luminex to Optica virtual
tapes, and the process is always very simple (I used the process from the
cbttape.org site), and the only tapes I had an issue with were Adabas backups,
(which were able to be copied via the Adabas utility).  One of the sites had
some HSM issues that were resolved by just pointing HSM to the new volumes and
having it migrate the backups and migration copies to the new tapes.

The advantage of keeping the old and new volumes separate is that if you have
problems, you won't have to work very hard to fall back.  If you have a
problem, it's only a matter of rerunning the conversion catalog step and you
are back to you old tapes.

Also, I believe that COPYCAT is now free from CA/Broadcom, so if you have CA-1
you get it for free.

Brian