Why not a settable option to use local, UTC or both?

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2022 7:27 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: CRTIME Field on $DJ(xxxxx),LONG command output

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 6:02 AM Mark Jacobs <
00000224d287a4b1-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> Just curious why JES2 displays the value as a UTC timestamp and not local
> time.

Just as a guess on my part, it might be because there are a number of
multinational companies with a mega datacenter used in multiple time zones.
I guess the date could be rendered in the local time of the datacenter. But
that could confuse people in other time zones. Or even in the same time
zone because some places, like Illonis do not use daylight time.