On Thu, 27 Oct 2022 15:05:52 +0000, Sri h Kolusu wrote:
>    ... DOS command ...
>wmic datafile "C:\\Users\\Johndoe\\Manuals\\pops.pdf" list full
>
>Note the escaping of the backslashes \ in the path

I'm puzzled.  If they're not escaped aren't they taken as directory level
separators, and isn't that what you want?

For comparison, on a (mostly) POSIX system I do:
    pdfinfo "/Users/Johndoe/.../zOSV2R5Library/aoplt00_v241.pdf"

... no need to escape the slashes because they're supposed to separate
directory levels.

Feels like another good reason for not using DOS.

--
gil