That behavior is what I would have expected: SMP/E builds a target load
module during APPLY by including the CSECTs from what's being APPLYed
first, then other APPLYed and not accepted PTFs, then the DLIBs. Since
there is information on what PTF supersedes what in the SUP statements, it
can proceed this way and produce what you expect. Indeed, I would not
expect APPLYing a PTF to use the existing LMOD at all.

On Sun, Nov 27, 2022 at 7:34 AM Binyamin Dissen <bdis...@dissensoftware.com>
wrote:

> I had a workmate delete a load module from a target library before
> reapplying
> a PTF that only replaced a few CSECTs.
>
> Strangely enough, instead of the link failing when trying to include the
> original module, it included the CSECTs from the DLIB.
>
> (1) Is that documented anywhere?
> (2) What would have happened if the were unaccepted PTFs? Include from the
> previously APPLYed?
>
> --
> Binyamin Dissen <bdis...@dissensoftware.com>
> http://www.dissensoftware.com
>
> Director, Dissen Software, Bar & Grill - Israel

Jay Maynard