From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Bill Hitefield
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2022 1:39 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Computers

In college we had an IBM 1130 in the computer lab. Those of us working in the
lab discovered an AM radio placed near the console switches made odd noises
when you ran Fortran programs and set the radio to a specific "station".
Further investigation revealed you could change the tone of the noise by using
the "e to the x" function and varying the value of "x". Our goal in life then
became to play "Smoke on the Water" using that radio. The temp wasn't too
great, but you could recognize the main riff!

Bill Hitefield
Dino-Software Corporation
800.480.DINO

attachments from your system.