You don't have to assume, the javadoc documents which C library functions are
used.
https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/sdk-java-technology/8?topic=SSYKE2_8.0.0/com.ibm.java.zsecurity.api.80.doc/com.ibm.jzos/overview-summary.htm

And I'll correct what I said earlier, if you look at the javadoc you will see
that there are now wrappers for several of the C library "*_unlocked" functions.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies, LLC
http://coztoolkit.com
Dovetailed Technologies: +1 636.300.0901

Note: Our website and domain name have changed from dovetail.com to
coztoolkit.com