On 12/8/2022 5:48 PM, Mark Jacobs wrote:
Looks like the answer is no to your question.
-----
Although, FENCE=(ACTIVE=YES,VOLUMES=nnn) indicates that JES2 will fence to nnn volumes in
most cases more than one nnn volume can be used in certain situations such as when spool
volumes fill or if the job obtains spool space on different systems as it goes through
different phases. JES2 will allocate space from a subsequent volume(s) when, and if, the
"nnn" volumes become full. At that time, JES2 will allocate track groups from
the next available volume based on any other criteria that you have defined.
-----

Mark Jacobs

Sent from ProtonMail, Swiss-based encrypted email.

GPG Public Key -
https://api.protonmail.ch/pks/lookup?op=get&search=markjac...@protonmail.com

Yeah, that's for fencing which is why I think the SYSAFF *may* do the same sort of thing.