On Dec 11, 2022, at 13:52:10, Bob Bridges wrote:

> I wonder whether any old string will do as a Message-ID?  Well, the first
> part of it, I mean.  Gil, yours came to my box with this as part of the
> headers:

I posted that via the LISTSERV web interface; this via an SMTP server.

> Although why Gmail fails text emails and not HTML I don't know.  Wait, did
> you try sending an HTML email to a Gmail address?

It's becoming increasingly difficult to avoid sending HTML, however hard I try.
And <https://www.mail-tester.com/> marks me down for not having HTML, despite
my contrary feelings. How does mail-tester feel about z/OS? (Also
<mailto:e...@univie.ac.at>.)

--
gil