On Wed, 14 Dec 2022 16:27:07 +0000, Keith Gooding wrote:

>    ... The problem is that as far as I know the receiver code is not
> available to ISVs. AMAPDUPL processing can be performed by the z/OSMF Problem
> Management function and it would be nice if ISVs could receive data sent by
> AMAPDUPL.

RFE.

>You can also direct AMAPDUPL to copy the chunks to a unix file system instead
>of transmitting them.
>
>BTW I think z/os ftp may be able to transmit from a unix pipe ...

My experience was, it can't.  But that may nave changed.

>    ... but AMATERSE cannot write to a pipe.

RFE.  Access methods support pipes well.  AMATERSE merely needs to abandon
its prejudices.

This discussion focuses on lack of space to store tens of gigabytes.  Outside
the
z world that comes for a few hours' pah and fits in a shirt pocket.  Why is IBM
so technically backward?

--
gil