On 26/12/2022 20:52, Paul Gilmartin wrote:
On Mon, 26 Dec 2022 09:52:16 -0500, Bob Bridges wrote:
This morning I emailed the Word document to myself and tried saving it as
PDF.  Turns out Word is awful at that too.  It skipped over most of the ToC
and jumped from there straight to the beginning of the second chapter,
omitting the Intro.  I probably won't bother to see what else is wrong with it.

Seems more like a problem with mail than with Word.  Did you bother to see
that the file you received was identical to the file you mailed?

File not saved before email?

table of contents was not updated before save?