Back to markup languages:  How do I get LaTex to create internal links?  Or
external links either, for that matter?

I now have a copy of LaTex with MiKTeX, and have been reading the
documentation and experimenting.  I like what I see so far.  But nowhere in
the documentation can I find any reference to internal hyperlinks.  All
mentions of cross-references seem to mean simply text that says "see page
12" or "...chapter 5" or "...figure 8.3".  I'm all for that, but I want the
reader to be able to click on "see Section 5.13" and jump straight to it  If
I can't do it in LaTeX, it's a deal-breaker.  It must be possible, I'm sure,
but where is it documented?

As I understand it:
- TeX is a basic typesetting program.
- LaTeX is an extension to TeX; I gather it overrides some TeX behaviors and
adds others, by adding
  packaged definitions written in TeX.
- LaTeX2e is a significant update to LaTeX.
- MiKTeX is an editor that simplifies writing LaTeX documents.

After downloading and installing MiKTeX I discovered that it didn't have
much in the way of LaTeX documentation, so I hunted around on the web.  I've
read:

- Most of "LaTeX / A document preparation system / User's guide and
reference manual" by Leslie Lamport; looks like a document that was scanned
and then run through OCR to translate it to PDF.  No PDF bookmarks.

- Some of "LaTeX2e for authors" and "New LATEX methods for authors (starting
2020)", both of which seem to be more in the way of summaries than manuals.

- I skimmed through "MikTeX Manual / Revision 4.6" by Christian Schenk.
This seems to focus on commands that I suppose are executed from the DOS
window, so I didn't pay close attention; that may be where I'm going wrong.

- "A short manual for TeXworks (lowering the entry barrier to the TeX
world)" by Alain Delmotte, Stefan Löffler, and others; I haven't looked at
this one yet, believing it to be irrelevant to my question.

---

/* Do you know what constitutes a "hate crime"?  Put your thinking caps on.
What tools do we need to determine whether a crime was motivated by hate or
prejudice?  Answer: We need thought police.  -from "See, I Told You So" by
Rush Limbaugh */