From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Paul Gorlinsky
Sent: Monday, January 23, 2023 9:29 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: XL C++ compiler error message map template not included due to
compiler version

BOOL is 4bytes with windows… TRUE and FALSE are 1 and 0… bool is a single
unsigned byte and true and false are the proper states.

C++ is an extension to C… staying current with Visual Studio releases will
help. Microsoft has been making lots of enhancements trying to catch up to the
current C/C++ standards.

Make sure you always recompile everything when you update VS…