I have written a COBOL Stored Procedure and have successfully invoked it from
REXX.

But when I add an SQL statement to the SP, the SQL statement is getting -805.

Is there a requirement to add the package(s) of external SPs to the PLAN of
the invoking  program? Seems like an onerous requirement.

Am I missing an obvious step?

The CREATE PROCEDURE

CREATE PROCEDURE SYSPROC.SP01 (
           IN  EMPNO       CHAR(6)   CCSID EBCDIC,