Hi,
I was asked to modify a procedure.
Currently, the procedure has one step.
This step receives input from SYSIN DD *

I was asked to add a step that would check that the JOB is running on the
correct LPAR.
I wrote a small REXX program that check the LPAR, and returns condition code 8
if it's not running on the correct LPAR.
I then added an if statement that will run the original step if the previous
condition code is 0, and if not will issue a message.

The problem is that now the SYSIN DD is allocated to the first step.
I know I can code STEP.SYSIN to associate the SYSIN with correct step, but was
wondering if there a way to code the procedure in a way so that I won't require
changing the way the procedure is used.

We are running z/OS v2.3

Gadi