Some of this used to be more helpful for the suplex data sets that were
tied to the hardware like the coupling facility stuff.  And it comes into
play when you restoring on hardware that you want to switch to a different
data set and have it automatically come up.  Brain cell too may have been
lost in in the years but it was done because the Dr hardware was different
than the production hardware.  So we used the LPARNAME to help resolve the
sysplex data sets by use of the CEC.  At least that's how I think it used
to work.

Me personally I never try to discount a symbol until I get stuck with
having to use it. VBG

Rob