I had problems to solve to combine old SMF records (0/IPL, 90(5A)/System
Status) when 4-char SMFID/SYSPLEX/SYSNAME are duplicated on different machines
as the CPUTYPE and serial number are not in most of the SMF records. I did ask
IBM to add those to the SMF header some time ago. I think through
DeveloperWorks, or perhaps through ISV relations. That was turned down. I
understand it is kind of an "edge case" that doesn't impact many customers.

Certainly it occurs for many sites during DR exercises. Clearly ASYS could move
from one machine to another. That will cause an SMF90 subtype 7 if the site
using "Z EOD" command on the original machine and SMF0 for the IPL on the new
machine. The reverse occurs when ASYS moves back to the original, non-DR
hardware.

With Country Multiplex Pricing, depending on how the site does their DR
Exercises, all these moves need to be understood. So lots of merging of
SMFID/SYSPLEX/SYSNAME with timestamps to track these events on the proper
hardware.

Al