On Mon, 20 Feb 2023 23:06:44 -0500, Tony Harminc wrote:

>Maybe they're setting up to allow UNIX files.

I and co-workers have earnestly wished for mixed concatenations in STEPLIB.
o To be able to execute the same program object both in JCL and OMVS.
o To be able to direct "make" targets to STEPLIB directories.

Will/does DSFS mitigate the limitations?  DSFS doc seems target only to
administrators -- none for users.

>No, but seriously... I think the INCLUDE group is the thing that happens to
>live in a PDS[E] member. Perhaps there are things that can't coexist in an
>INCLUDE group, but that otherwise are valid JCL, and that could live in a
>member in some other context.

OK.  JCLLIB  can contain both INCLUDE groups and PROCs, even in
the same data set.  I suppose an INCLUDE group could be an
instream PROC.

--
gil