From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Neil O'Connor
Sent: Saturday, February 25, 2023 4:30 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: zOSMF

Re Mark Zelden's comment:

>>Here, we have a  zFS data set that is a full 3390-27, and is mounted at a
>>location we call the /nts  Everything that we acquire electronically goes
>>there:  portable software instances and PTFs from RECEIVE ORDER.  We tidy it
>>up with a DELETEPKG for PTFs, since we do RECEIVE ORDER very frequently.
>>

>Ditto, except mine is still 4 volume 3390-9 zFS.  I tidy it up with a weekly
>cron script that deletes everything older than 90 days.

I have found NFS the best solution for receiving electronic deliveries into
SMP/E. You can have terabytes of low cost non-mainframe storage mounted in USS
for this kind of thing and you never have any space issues. I only learned
about and experienced NFS on mainframe about 5 years ago, but now I use it all
the time for all kinds of stuff. It's really useful. Did I mention I really
like NFS on mainframe? 😊

Neil O'Connor (Australia)