What would have been interesting if WANG had not made the financial mistakes it did and the VS series machines had continued.

Would IBM have gotten rid of the bottom end of the z/Architecture? Tier 2 zSeriesĀ  partners were dump rather quickly.

What would have happened had the MP-3000 and equivalent been allowed to continue? I forget the name of the competitor to the MP-2/3000 machines.

So IBM is now disgorging VSE to 21St Century software.

What would have happened had Gerstner forced the renewal of TIDA (Tech Info Disclosure Agreement) with Amdahl and the rest?

What I'm getting at is IBM was healthy when it had competition relative to z/Arch.

While I'm at it, suppose that IBM management had been successful in dumping VM? How would they do cloud?

Just wondering....

Steve Thompson