B2H does BookMASTER to HTML, not BookManager to PDF. (And, yes, HTML to PDF is
probably trivial for most people.)

I use B2H on TSO in Batch almost daily, FWIW.

Cheers, Martin

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Colin Paice <colinpai...@gmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 28 February 2023 at 18:19
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: BookManager
There is a very old B2H package which I think is Rexx based.  It was
supported on Windows NT, OS2, VM, OS390 etc,
I think I used to use it.  It is mentioned
http://afrodita.rcub.bg.ac.rs/~ivica/b2h.html
Colin

On Tue, 28 Feb 2023 at 18:00, Bernd Oppolzer <bernd.oppol...@t-online.de>
wrote:

> What is the preferred way to convert BookMgr books to PDF?
>
> My customer has some home-written BookMgr books, which they cannot access
> after the z/OS migration (BookMgr support was dropped with z/OS 2.4).
>
> We managed to transfer the books to Windows (and OS/2, BTW), where we can
> at least look at the books. Now I would like to convert the books to PDFs.
> But the free Softcopy Reader refuses to print more than one (selected)
> topic
> or ranges of topics; if you try to do this using the print menu
> (selected or range),
> the output is always empty.
>
> Is this a bug - or: is printing larger portions of text not allowed in
> the free version?
> What are the options?
>
> The eMail address book...@us.ibm.com, which is mentioned in the Softcopy
> Reader
> help texts, doesn't exist any more (BTW: the Softcopy Reader is a 2012
> edition;
> this seems to be the last one available).
>
> Is there a documented API to read the books using a C or REXX program
> and build the PDFs this way? Or build HTML from the books?
>
> Thanks for all suggestions,
> kind regards
>
> Bernd

Unless otherwise stated above: