1981 - dual 370/168s MP'ed together. A sysprog coworker applied maintenance
to AbendAid, then left town for the weekend. Turns out he  linked RTM in
the nucleus incorrectly and the scheduled  Sunday night IPL failed with a
disabled wait state. We can't find the FDR/SAR tape backup of the sysres.
Tried to IPL SAR from the card reader with a punched card deck, that failed.

Now we are getting desperate; it's 2AM Monday morning. We talked our IBM CE
into removing the HDA from the 3350 sysres and we take it across town to a
friendly MVS shop. He removed the HDA from one of their 3350s, installs our
HDA and we fix the problem there, then he deinstalls our HDA, we take it
back to our shop, reinstall it in our 3350, then IPL just in time for CICS
to come up at 6AM.

A very bad night.

Mike Shaw
QuickRef Support