On 2013-04-29 16:59, Graham Hobbs wrote:
> Gentlemen,
> Thanks again, after ten years away from mainframe had forgotten 'srchfor' so
> finally came up with
> //SEARCH   JOB (CONRAD),'GH',
> //         CLASS=A,MSGCLASS=0,MSGLEVEL=(1,1)
> //         EXEC PGM=ISRSUPC,
> //         PARM=(SRCHCMP,ANYC,IDPFX,NOPRTCC)
> //NEWDD    DD DSN=CONRAD.CBL.PGMS,DISP=SHR
> //         DD DSN=CONRAD.CBL.CPYBKS,DISP=SHR
> //         DD DSN=CONRAD.SUPPORT.PDS,DISP=SHR
> //         DD DSN=VENDOR.SYSEXEC,DISP=SHR
> //OUTDD    DD SYSOUT=*
> //SYSIN    DD *
> SRCHFOR  'TPUSER'
> SRCHFOR  'TPINST'
> //
> .. works a treat!

Ooooh!  Neat!  Thanks.
I hadn't realized that SuperC will search a concatenation of
PDS(E?)s.

o Will it find every occurrence of the search pattern(s), or only
  in the first of similarly named members?

o Is this really a BPAM concatenation, or may the catenands have
  unlike attributes?

o is this available from the ISPF panels, even with unlike HLQs,
  as in your JCL example?

(I bet one of our regular contributors wishes for regular expressions.)

-- gil