On 4/30/2013 6:48 AM, Hunkeler Peter (TLSG 4) wrote:
Create a workplace list and use the 'sf' line command.

I didn't know about the "sf" line command. I'm using the "SRCHFOR"
*primary* command in either a 3.4 or workplace data set list, or in a
member list.
Runs through all the data sets or members, resp., in the list, finally
returning a "String(s) found" message on each line where the text was
found.

What is nice is that it automagically fills your search arguments into
the edit/browse find string. So after a "srchfor", simply edit/browse
the data set / member and hit F5 (RFIND) to find the occurrences within.

Use "srchfor" without argument to see a pop (different for dsn-list and
member list). you can change some settings there and you can enter more
than one search argument.

ISPF has got so many good commands. It's a pity you don't find them
easily. You've just got to know them, or know someone who knows them :-(

http://www.trainersfriend.com/TSO_Clist_REXX_Dialog_Mgr/a633descrpt.htm
http://www.trainersfriend.com/TSO_Clist_REXX_Dialog_Mgr/a634descrpt.htm
http://www.trainersfriend.com/TSO_Clist_REXX_Dialog_Mgr/a635descrpt.htm

Or, of course, spend some time perusing the docs each time a new
release comes out.

--
Peter Hunkeler

Kind regards,

-Steve Comstock
The Trainer's Friend, Inc.

303-355-2752
http://www.trainersfriend.com

* To get a good Return on your Investment, first make an investment!
  + Training your people is an excellent investment

* Try our tool for calculating your Return On Investment
    for training dollars at
  http://www.trainersfriend.com/ROI/roi.html