On Tue, 28 Mar 2023 04:08:13 -0500, Bill Giannelli <billgianne...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>What is the best or recommended way to copy or clone a SMPe Global CSI, Target
>and Dlib with all the underlying datasets?
>I want to create a new HLQ and clone under that.
>thanks
>Bill

A new HLQ for the zones?  You're not going to rename things like SYS1.LINKLIB.

The planning for installation manual has a section on cloning your system.   I
don't know about "best", but I have sample in the "Jobs/Doc" section of my web
site.  It's from z/OS 1.8, but the process was the same for many years prior
and after.  The only thing that ever really changed was the introduction of
VSAM for zFS.   I've always kept the volser as part of the name even when it
was HFS, so zFS vs. HFS doesn't matter in terms of that sample.

Regards,

Mark
ITIL v3 Foundation Certified
mailto:m...@mzelden.com