I'm sorry to hear of the demise of another mainframe shop...and that the
equipment is being destroyed. I'm sure there's some hobbyist out there who
would love to put the equipment to use. (Maybe even me.) The CKD DASD,
certainly, would be useful to several hobbyists I know, as well as at least
one museum, and the destruction of the data on the disks is easy enough to
assure to prevent any HIPAA issues.

On Wed, Mar 29, 2023 at 10:17 AM John McKown <john.archie.mck...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> HealthMarkets z9BC is shutting down. User access will be removed 5Apr. CICS
> will be unavailable after 31Mar. The last day is at the end of April. Most
> of the equipment is so old it is being destroyed, except for the tape
> drives which are being sold for parts. SCRT will be run on 2May. I'll be on
> the payroll until the beginning of August in lieu of severance.

Jay Maynard