From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
John McKown [john.archie.mck...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2023 11:43 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Almost gone

Ah, the original desire has been around for a couple of decades. It was
actually once. But the performance, increased difficulty of use, and cost
caused the company to back off. A big waste of time and money.

But Optum Technologies has a "Drive to five" initiative to go to 5 Windows
based software platforms. And they are willing to pay the cost.

I'm 70 and on dialysis, so I really don't mind. I also have minor access to
a 2.5 system if I want to do a small amount of playing around.