>I have frequently caught him citing news sources that got the details wrong
>- so frequently that I am now in the habit of looking up (for example)
>Supreme-Court rulings to see what they actually say rather than what he
>said they say.

AMEN.  News reports SHOULD be valuable, but this has become so questionable
that it hurts. Maybe it is just myself growing old, but I now try to avoid
television news reporting, especially from the major networks. Their goal,
more and more, seems to be "excitement" and "look good for sponsors" rather
than even, non-bias reporting.

Bill