> On 2 May 2023, at 9:47 pm, Paul Gilmartin
> <0000042bfe9c879d-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:
>
> On Tue, 2 May 2023 21:39:43 +0800, David Crayford wrote:
>
>> Shameless plug but you can use my RTK package to process regular expressions
>> in z/OS REXX https://github.com/daveyc/RTK
>>
> Can it assign fragments to REXX variables?  How does it deal with R0?

If by fragments you mean named captures then no. It deals with R0 because it
uses HLASM glue code to create a pre-initialised LE environment that it reuses.
It can parse complicated expressions which REXX cannot. I reluctantly advise
the OP to look at modern languages such as Python for new work. REXX is full of
holes.