On Thu, 4 May 2023 08:39:41 +0800, David Crayford wrote:

>Note that there is a “zos” branch in the Github repository that you will have
>the checkout.

Not in SourceForge, which is mostly mentioned on
<https://regina-rexx.sourceforge.io/>?

What path to Github?  How is that related to:
<https://sourceforge.net/p/regina-rexx/code/HEAD/tree/interpreter/>?

>As I previously mentioned this port could be patched to support EBCDIC but you
>will have a heavy lift patching the Flex lexer and Bison tables.

Does/would autoconversion help?  (Of course, not for Classic data sets.  But
DSFS?)

Oh well, that’s life dealing with the major suckage that is EBCDIC! Also, the
interpreter uses 'fopen(filename, “rb”)’ so can in theory can handle source
files in MVS data sets. Unfortunately, the
>parser expects line-ending characters so is not compatible with record
>oriented files.

Doesn't XLC fake the "\n" for text files?

How about something like "ADDRESS LINKMVS WITH <redirection>?
Challenging because MVS never had an organized concept of stdin, stdout, stderr.

Is there a User's Guide?

--
Thanks,
gil