On Fri, 5 May 2023 12:12:46 -0500, Mike Schwab wrote:

>On Wed, May 3, 2023 at 7:40 PM David Crayford wrote:
><deleted>
>>     ... Oh well, that’s life dealing with the major suckage that is EBCDIC!
>>
>You could create a patch for the most common EBCDIC code page
>(US.-ENG), then modify and test for other code pages.

Stay with IBM-1047, preferred by z/OS UNIX and supported by autoconversion.
Don't nurture "major suckage".

But what about the  '¬'?
If I copy-and-;aste it from regina.pdf it doesn't work as a negator, and:
    say c2x( '¬' )
    C2AC
(It works if I translate it to IBM-1252.)  Text in manuals should Just Work
when copied into programs.

--
gil