Matt.

As far as I know RACF cannot import from a z/os unix file. It has to be VB. I
think there is an RFE/Idea requesting unix file support.

Also you said that the source file is ISO 8859-1 which suggests to me that is
base-64 encoded. If so you will see “—— BEGIN” near the start and a similar
END. In that case you must transfer in text mode rather than binary. The
alternative format supported by RACF is DER - that has to be transferred in
binary. RACF recognises the format - you do not need to tell it if it is DER or
BASE64.

I also understand that if the package contains a personal certificate and its
chain of CA certificates RACF will
Only import the first of the CA certificates.

Personally I use the RACF panels for one-off functions  like this - I seem to
get more useful error messages.

Keith