> > Is there anything easy we/IBM could do to move in the right direction?
>
> Examine the current system,
> create a script to set the equivalent values for z/OSMF?

Oh, so just like the Model function in z/OSMF Software Management?

When you install software, like z/OS, using z/OSMF, during the Configuration
step of the Deployment action in Software Management you have the option to
model the configuration on your existing installed software.  For example, if
you're installing z/OS 2.5, you can initialize the configuration to look a lot
like your existing z/OS 2.4 or 2.3 system.  In my opinion this is better than
the CustomPac saved configuration function since that configuration is dated
and stale, whereas your existing z/OS 2.4 or 2.3 is most likely something you
actively service and use in some capacity.

If you want to learn more about installing software using z/OSMF Software
Management you can check out this video tutorial series.
https://mediacenter.ibm.com/playlist/dedicated/101043781/1_mzzf31vy/1_f1qhec1j
In particular, at 57 seconds into the fourth video I describe the Model
function.

Kurt Quackenbush
IBM  |  z/OS SMP/E and z/OSMF Software Management  |  ku...@us.ibm.com

Chuck Norris never uses CHECK when he applies PTFs.