From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Shaffer, Terri [0000017d5f778222-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, May 30, 2023 12:02 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: zOSMF

Kids can install, because basically one FMID, and if it doesn’t work, good luck.

How many FMID components make up core z/OS?  Maybe if IBM made it one FMID you
could install like android.

I can use ISRFIND or ISRDDN, to find many things out in Seconds, no more
hunting thru libraries.

z/OS is complex, period, its why I can run 4 flavors of many components, I can
run X number of LPARS at different z/OS versions, even look at SDSF with
SDSFAUX now, tons of information is known in seconds, but change z/OS release
and not all were available yet, SO what assumptions are you will to concede to,
for z/OSMF to work, with out adding to the headaches.

Ms Terri E Shaffer
Senior Systems Engineer,
z/OS Support:
ACIWorldwide – Telecommuter