LOL!  Years ago I gave an internal customer my estimate on a minor task, and
he went to my boss hoping to get a better answer.  My boss discussed it with
me, and I told him I'd probably have it done in two or three days but that's
only if everything went right (and you know how often that happens).  So he
called up Harry and said Sure, we can do it for you, but it might take a
while.  <Pause>  Oh, two or three days."

I expostulated after he hung up.  "I said two or three days if everything
goes RIGHT!  What if something goes wrong?"

Marty replied "Oh, what could go wrong?"

Well, I don't know what could go wrong; that's the problem.  How long has
this guy been a development manager, anyway?

To be  fair, Marty was actually very, very smart, and was the best boss I
ever had in a long fortunate career of good bosses.  But sheesh!

(And yeah, I finished it in two or three days.  Still...)

---

/* ...when we are seeking for the real merits of a man it is unwise to go to
his enemies, and much more foolish to go to himself.  -G K Chesterton,
"Heretics" */