-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Seymour J Metz
Sent: Wednesday, June 14, 2023 00:47

I've always been advised that if I'm unhappy that accepting a counter offer
is not prudent: I accept the counter offer. Company A hires/trains another
employee, then repeats the behavior that caused me to start looking. I go to
company B but they're no longer interested in me.

I've been at companies where a new hire was a no-show; it's disruptive and
unprofessional.

IMHO, we need to hear more about good bosses; they are out their, and they
make a big difference. I remember fondly a warrant officer who

    Knew what he wanted
    Insisted that we do what he wanted
    Got out of our way and let us do it
    Had our backs.

Would I work for him again in a civilian capacity? In a heartbeat. but
bosses like that aren't news and don't get publicity.