Not sure what is relevant to your situation and what is not, but FWIW (for C++)
I use the following and get no messages on strcasecmp().

#define _LARGE_TIME_API
#define _OPEN_SYS_UNLOCKED_EXT 1
#define _POSIX_SOURCE
#define _XOPEN_SOURCE_EXTENDED 1
#define XPG4 1
#define _ISOC99_SOURCE
#define _OPEN_SYS_SOCK_IPV6
#define _OPEN_SYS_SOCK_EXT
#define _OPEN_SYS_SOCK_IPV6
#define _LARGE_TIME_API

Not sure if _LARGE_TIME_API is in there twice for a reason or not. Doesn't hurt.

Charles