Interesting discussion on screen sizes, keyboards, etc. Many of us have
various different opinions. My opinions have changed since the early days
when some of us (the "older" ones) used 2260s instead of 3270s.

I am using a 21" screen at the moment, with three "windows" open on it. I
would not want a larger screen and perhaps would prefer a slightly smaller
one. I prefer a size that does not require me to constantly move my head to
focus on different parts of the screen. For 3270 emulation I prefer 133
character width (and most of us probably agree on that) and at least 50
lines high (and this could vary somewhat). I find 17" laptop screens OK, but
not great.

More important for me (because I work mostly with text) is having good
character resolution. Perhaps because I as not as young as I was a few years
ago, I find long periods with crudely-formed characters to be more
exhausting. Given a choice, I would say this is more important than the
actual screen size.

I am not fond of laptop keyboards --- IMO they range from barely OK to poor.
At the moment I am using an old PC AT keyboard (with the "round" adapter
plug going to a converter to connect it to a USB port). It has the numeric
keypad (which I do not use) and has good "movement" of the keys that
provides a positive feedback for an old guy like me. (The "real" 3270
terminals had great keyboards!)

I can deal with the red "mouse control" on IBM-designed laptop keyboards
when needed, but I prefer a "real" mouse (with the center "dial" function,
if possible).

I use the same glasses for reading books and for dealing with terminals -- I
am lucky that they are fairly "weak" glasses.

The discussion about z/OSMF? One of these months I will need to spend some
time with it. These days I mostly use a relatively slow machine for z/OS and
the performance is not attractive for z/OSMF.

Bill Ogden