I've had the same problem on logitech track balls.

BTW, does anybody still make mini trackballs for laptops.

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Jeremy Nicoll <jn.ls.mfrm...@letterboxes.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 4, 2023 7:38 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Programming Hardware

On Wed, 5 Jul 2023, at 00:27, Steve Smith wrote:

> The one thing Microsoft does well is mouses.  Logitech is also good.

Logitech used to be good but in my recent experience I'd say they are
putting too-cheap microswitches in them.  I've had three mice (of
different Logitech models) all start signalling double-clicks when a
button is pressed once.  Reviews on Amazon suggest lots of people
have found the same.  Before this I had no problems, but had bought
several mice - one for each of a series of laptops and desktops.

It's probably deliberate so that users have to buy new mice every few
months.

My most recent mouse - wireless, and used mainly in bed when it runs
on top of the duvet or under it, on the sheet, with a laptop on an
overbed table at most a couple of feet above it, is an Anker "vertical
mouse".  That's - so far - holding up well (and it's easier on the wrist
too).  I think one reason it's still ok is that its peculiar body shape
means that it tends - if it falls off the bed - to roll (like a landing
paratrooper) when it hits the floor, cushioning the shock.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.