I too seem to wear out key caps, that is, the paint wears off them. This is kind of OK, since I am a touch typist...

I typically have been purchasing upper end Logitech keyboard/mouse combos that use the USB dongle. Why? because I connect it to a KVM switch so that they switch between the machines I am using (up to 4) on my desktop.

I would love to find better keyboards. Thankfully I don't drink carbonated beverages that contain sugar or acids, so when I get a spill, I can grab a can of compressed air and blow it out quickly. But still, I have to replace the keyboard about every other year. I had track balls, but can't find one now that I really like. I want them wireless because I had so many wires running across my desk, it was becoming a problem, even with a KVM switch (I have other stuff, like VOIP desktop phones, and speakers...

And I too have the problem of, productivity = being able to work from home. I am much more productive here than in an office with continual interruptions.

So, anyone know of a good keyboard mouse combo, you have my attention.

Steve Thompson