There's a difference between an entry point and a csect.

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Eric Erickson <esf...@windstream.net>
Sent: Tuesday, July 11, 2023 2:52 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: C DLL abend CEE3350S

I've a LE C DLL I've built that contains a several modules. It has both C and a
LE callable Assembler routines. When I first bound the moudle, it did not set
CEESTART as the entry point, so I added an ENTRY CEESTART to the binder input
deck. This results in a load module that shows the following in the map.

ENTRY POINT AND ALIAS SUMMARY:

NAME:            ENTRY TYPE AMODE C_OFFSET CLASS NAME        STATUS

CEESTART          MAIN_EP      31 00000A48 B_TEXT

But when I call one of the exported functions in DLL I get a CEE3350S

CEE3550S DLL ZDPUTILS does not contain a CEESTART CSECT.

Binder options are:

TEST,LET,LIST,MAP,RENT,DYNAM(DLL),CASE(MIXED),XREF

The binder output for the routine that calls the DLL function shows the called
function as imported.

Not sure what is going on here.