On 13/07/2023 2:00 pm, kekronbekron wrote:
Andrew - could you please explain what you mean by "checkout in git as UTF8".

I mean setting the zos-working-tree-encoding for the file to UTF-8. I don't actually do this but it appears to be possible.

Git encodings are quite confusing. I find it frustrating that it seems to require you to tag every file added on z/OS, even if you have defined the encoding in .gitattributes.

I did briefly try Maven on z/OS but I think I had the same problem as you. I quickly decided I didn't need to do that and haven't investigated any further.

--

Andrew Rowley
Black Hill Software