I am trying to do the equivalent of TSOLIB for BATCH, i.e., dynamically adding
loadlibs. I do not have spare parent tasks that I can hang a JLB DCB.

It appears that the system is very protective of STEPLIB and will not allow me
to dynamically concat datasets to it (even after closing it in the initiator
task).

I tried allocating the libraries and opened a DCB and placed it in JLB of the
initiator task, but no luck.

Does reaching TCBJSTCB stop the search of the JLBs?

Is there some tricky parameter that will allow the dynamic concatenation of
datasets to STEPLIB?

http://www.dissensoftware.com