From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of Jon
Perryman <jperr...@pacbell.net>
Sent: Sunday, July 30, 2023 11:53 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Ignorant z/OS question

 > On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 02:05:59 AM PDT, Seymour J Metz <sme...@gmu.edu>
 > wrote:
> I was spot on when I wrote that the CP and z/OS definitions had to be in
> synch.

In what world were you spot on? There is a huge difference between must and
should. In this case, out of synch is a solution for 3270 screen scraping which
was not useful for Phil's problem but it does solve a useful problem. More
important at that point, we suspected but did not know the behavior of mixing
3270 with 3215. It could have potentially led to a better solution than Phil's
current solution to his problem. Why are you saying that out of synch can't
possibly have a useful purpose?
You haven't learned a thing. You don't have the humility to even consider you
might not understand and be wrong. Instead, you demand we hold your opinion in
reverence even when it throws a monkey wrench into the works. Is this something
we both learn from?
<sme...@gmu.edu> wrote:

 > If I'm continually "wrong again", how is it that we arrived at the solution?

When you perpetually launch ad hominem attacks, it's difficult to justify the
claime that you are being civil.

> Does anyone think that Seymour was leading Phil towards a solution to his
> problem?

Only those who actually read what I wrote, instead of reflexively attacking me.
I was spot on when I wrote that the CP and z/OS definitions had to be in synch.

> Disagreements are expected but complete dismissal is not acceptable.

And yet, complete dismissal seems to be your forté.

> I will show respect as long as respect is returned.

That is an outright lie.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3