Tony,

I are right about the extra plus sign... I used this trick in the past to
attack the z.

If you want to remove the plus sign, you can write a system rexx exec to
use axrwto.

ITschak
בתאריך יום ב׳, 21 באוג׳ 2023 ב-21:30 מאת Tony Harminc <t...@harminc.net>:

> On Mon, 21 Aug 2023 at 12:44, ITschak Mugzach <imugz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > user TSO SEND command '+IKJX0001I BLA BLA',cn(00) (or the actual name of
> > the console at your shop. It is also a tricky way to fool automation
> > products...
>
> Those automation products should be set up to check for the leading +
> sign. (In your example you've added a second + which will come out as
> ++.)
>
> That + is there precisely so that unuthorized programs can't fool
> operators (in the old days) or auto-ops these days into acting on a
> bogus message. But of course some auto-ops actions can be legitimately
> triggered by messages from an unauthorized program.
>
> Tony H.

ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring
for z/OS, x/Linux & IBM I **| z/VM coming soon  *