LOL, yeah, I guess that's true.  But I found it pretty powerful at the time,
before full-screen editors were available to me.

Actually I still think it was powerful.  There are reasons to like WordPad, for
instance (which I use extensively for low-level documentation), but when I want
to do something complicated in the way of editing - not just lots of typing
from scratch, but complex edits - well, nowadays I'm content with REXX but back
then I would have enthused over TECO.  In fact I ~did~ enthuse over it, without
winning many converts as I recall.

But yeah, the comment about transmission noise is pretty accurate.

And yes, I should learn ISFP's regexps.  I finally started using VBS's version
a couple years ago, so I can no longer argue against the utility of regular
expressions in general.

---

/* God gives what He has, not what He has not; He gives the happiness that
there is, not the happiness that is not.  To be God — to be like God and to
share His goodness in creaturely response — to be miserable — those are the
only three alternatives.  If we will not learn to eat the only food that the
universe grows — the only food that any possible universe ever can grow — then
we must starve eternally.  -from "The Problem of Pain" by C S Lewis. */