Gil wrote:
>I introduced "symbols".  Shmuel may have reintroduced it.  Are we thinking of
>the same

>JCL SET?  Where is its behavior inconsistent?

It's not SET that's inconsistent, it's support for it in SMP/E. There are
places in SMP/E jobs that can't use symbols. So you can't just have a chunk at
the top that job where you fill in values-you have to tour the job and fix it
27 times (OK, not 27, that's just a number I made up).

When I deliver the product to the customers, I'd like them to be able to just
change stuff in ONE place per job. Otherwise they can (AND DO) miss a few,
leading to hilarity.