Kirk,

While it's hard (as in, impossible) to argue with your logic, I'd urge you to
stay. Your contributions here are unquestioned, and the community will be the
worse off without you. I'd submit that as a vendor, it will be a (slight)
detriment to you as well, but of course that's your call.

If you aren't already, you might try reading with a client that makes it easy
to ignore noise threads. I read in Gmail, reply from Outlook. Typically this
consists of looking at the new stuff, reading a few threads, and deleting the
rest.

Outlook also has "Ignore conversation", which will hide any further noise on
the same thread. I use that a lot on another list where it's not insults or
even OT posts, just stuff that's far outside my areas of interest.

Cheers,
...phsiii