Hi Michael,
What about //JOBLIB? ... That is not in any Step.

Regards,
David

On 2023-08-31 15:16, Schmitt, Michael wrote:
It they had used DD, imagine all the customer code that would break that parses JCL
looking for DDs, and never expects to see a DD outside of a step. And all the code that
*edits* DDs would have to say "except if PROCLIB". And you wouldn't be able to
*have* a DD named PROCLIB. And certain code would break that currently *creates* a DD
named PROCLIB from the proc concatenation.