Jack,

I just ran your control cards against my dcollect extract and I know the reason
for overflow.  Your INREC is initializing the space values that you are summing
with zeros IF that Record( D, B, M) is FOUND.  So, if you don't have any one of
the record, you will be summing the spaces/garbage and it will exceed the 8
byte value.  So, you just need to change the INREC to the following.  I just
moved the initialization of the space values to WHEN=INIT.

  INREC IFTHEN=(WHEN=INIT,
                PARSE=(%01=(ABSPOS=29,ENDBEFR=C'.',FIXLEN=8)),
                OVERLAY=(FMT-HLQ:%01,
                         TMP-DCDALLSP:8Z,
                         TMP-UMALLSP:8Z,
                         TMP-UBALLSP:8Z)),

        IFTHEN=(WHEN=(DCURCTYP,EQ,DCUDATAT),
                OVERLAY=(TMP-DCDALLSP2:DCDALLSP)),  * ALLOC SPACE

        IFTHEN=(WHEN=(DCURCTYP,EQ,UKTMIGR),
                OVERLAY=(TMP-UMALLSP2:UMALLSP)),    * MIGRATED SPACE

        IFTHEN=(WHEN=NONE,
                OVERLAY=(TMP-UBALLSP2:UBALLSP))     * BACKUP SPACE

Thanks,
Kolusu
DFSORT Development
IBM Corporation